The Kyoto Fall Garden Tour
Kyoto Fall Garden Tour: My goal as Tour Leader is to facilitate a direct experience of beauty that is so much a part of this city, its gardens and its culture. There is an elegance that will touch the core of your being … not from thinking … from feeling. This is what you will bring home with you.
“I’ve been on many international tours, some quite expensive, and Allan, your tour is of an entirely different order.” – direct quote from a recent tour guest
Dates: November 15 – 25, 2019
- Autumn foliage as Kyoto’s ‘momiji’ (maple leaves) ascend to their peak
- Exploring approx. 15 of my favorite gardens of various styles throughout the city of Kyoto and surrounding areas
- 10 nights accommodations in the Shunkoin temple Guest House (w/ ensuite bathrooms), sleeping in the traditional Japanese style with futons on tatami matting, spartan but cozy … our guests love staying in this ultra-atmospheric setting within the Myoshinji Zen temple complex, having a peaceful ‘home base’ to return to each day
- 7 fully guided days – with our guide extraordinaire, Judith Clancy, author of numerous guidebooks on Japanese culture & the charms of Kyoto
- An introductory session of Zen meditation instruction … to relax the mind
- Shopping in open-air markets and specialty craft shops … to stimulate the mind (!)
- Private shakuhachi live music performance at our Zen temple
- Exploring Ohara, the scenic country town north of Kyoto, known for its gardens and pickles
- A day-trip to the Miho Museum, a world-class art collection in a stunning natural setting
- Enjoying fresh, local excellent food, with many neighborhood dining spots to choose from
- For a full list of highlights (there are many more!), please contact me directly.